Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default How To Chamfer Cabinet Door Frame?

On 2/2/2018 6:04 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 11:56:58 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 7:37:13 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

...snip...

You could use any number of those bits and then run the stiles through
the table saw at 45degress to get your chamfer.
You would end up with a tiny little hollow triangle at the joint, but
you may not notice it, or you could fill it with putty.

I ran a full length chamfer on the rails and a stopped chamfer on the
stiles. After I assembled the doors, I filled the "over shoot" with
Durham's RockHard, then chiseled the chamfer square. I still need to do
a little cleanup, but they are coming out pretty good.

They are going to be painted, so I'm going to lose some detail, but so
be it.

https://i.imgur.com/y9jFZCJ.jpg

Hey! You did good, Nice!

Thanks. Now I have to go read that thread about sharpening chisels. ;-)

Still, for 4 doors on the bookcase project, this was OK. The 25+ doors, drawers, panels, etc.
for the rest of the kitchen is going to be pretty time consuming. I may rethink the chamfer/vertical
profile design and buy the bit set that produces the full chamfer and the matching cope.

Well if you think doing 25 more doors might be tedious...Chisels are no
better. ;~)

https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-WS...worksharp+3000