Posted to uk.d-i-y
Reentrant[_11_] Reentrant[_11_] is offline

Default [OT] Searching an online forum

On 02/02/2018 13:52, Graeme wrote:

Forgive me if this is utter rubbish.Â* I use one particular online forum
quite a lot, as do many others, and a great deal of useful information
has been posted over a good few years.Â* Finding it is the problem.
Searching for a word is OK, but not a phrase.Â* Not a motoring forum, but
by way of example, if I search for morris minor, I can find every
message containing morris OR minor, but not morris AND minor.Â* The forum
admin cannot help.

My thinking (this could be the rubbish part) is that the forum records
are effectively a database, and it should therefore be possible to
search for more than one word.Â* I have tried (morris minor),
(morris+minor), +morris +minor and various permutations, without any luck.

Might there be some magic trick that could work, or do forums not work
like that?Â* I would like to be able to search both thread titles and
contents.

Thanks,

Is it a web-based forum? If so, just use Google and limit it to that
site, and put the phrase in quotes eg

site:www.myforum.com "morris minor"

--
Reentrant