Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet seat not staying up?

On Friday, 2 February 2018 13:40:42 UTC, Graeme wrote:
In message ,
whisky-dave writes
On Friday, 2 February 2018 12:40:07 UTC, wrote:

you could always sit down to pee

I have a french male friend that does that, we all take the **** out of
him, but it is actually more hygenic as you don't get the splash back.

I tend to sit in the middle of the night, because I don't need a light
to aim, if sitting. However, I am convinced that I pass more standing
than sitting, i.e. sitting, there is the vague suspicion that the
bladder is not quite as empty as it would have been, had I been
standing. Is that ********, or fact? Anything to do with how tubes are
routed? No idea, just a feeling.

To pee or not to pee standing up is the question. For starters, sitting down ensures that you don't leave behind any pee on the toilet seat. Sitting down also improves your bladder and prostate health, reduces LUTS, and fully empties your bladder. Some experts also associate sitting down to pee with better sexual performance, thanks to improved prostate health.