Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default [OT] Searching an online forum

Forgive me if this is utter rubbish. I use one particular online forum
quite a lot, as do many others, and a great deal of useful information
has been posted over a good few years. Finding it is the problem.
Searching for a word is OK, but not a phrase. Not a motoring forum, but
by way of example, if I search for morris minor, I can find every
message containing morris OR minor, but not morris AND minor. The forum
admin cannot help.

My thinking (this could be the rubbish part) is that the forum records
are effectively a database, and it should therefore be possible to
search for more than one word. I have tried (morris minor),
(morris+minor), +morris +minor and various permutations, without any
luck.

Might there be some magic trick that could work, or do forums not work
like that? I would like to be able to search both thread titles and
contents.

Thanks,
--
Graeme