Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet seat not staying up?

On 02/02/18 13:23, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 2 February 2018 12:40:07 UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 7:37:44 PM UTC+1, Gareth wrote:
I can't find any solution to this problem - the toilet cistern seems to be a
bit too far forward for the seat to stay up.

I've tried altering the position of the fixings (and even lost a double hole
washer down the toilet in the process - and can't find anywhere to buy a
replacement!)

Has anyone else had the same problem and managed to solve it without raising
the cistern?

you could always sit down to pee

I have a french male friend that does that, we all take the **** out of him, but it is actually more hygenic as you don't get the splash back.

Its less hygenic because you instead spray the underside of the toilet
seta and it dribbles down teh ouside of te pan

You can prove this to yourselves rather thatn arguing about whther ir should be a EU directive, stabnd bare legged and **** in the toilet, unless you aim really carfully you'll feel the splash back on your legs, and you might even start to wonder where else those little splashes end up.

I am sure in your case givcen you self avowed dyspomania this is true.

The more sober of us however managed quite well without spraying the area.

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.