Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Cheap Chinese generators

On 02/02/2018 02:43, Rob Morley wrote:
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 13:57:27 +0000
"dennis@home" wrote:

On 31/01/2018 23:29, Rob Morley wrote:

Lots of stuff is made in China, some of it is reasonable quality and
good VFM. Aldidl generally offer proper guarantees on their stuff,
if you bother to keep the receipt.

You don't need the receipt but it saves you having to talk to the
head office.

I know you don't legally need the receipt but there's more hassle if you
don't have it.

AFAICT they can tell when the item was in the shop from its
code/model number so they just tell the shop to do the warranty.

They can probably tell when it first went on sale, but not when I bought
it.

They can almost certainly say when the last one was sold (in each shop)
so if you said last week and they know it was two years ago they might
decline the repair/exchange.

A lot of shops can go back through daily sales to find one that matches
when a customer claims they were sold an item, I have seen them do this
in Currys, then they print a new receipt.