Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How to have several identical wireless doorbells respond to the same code?

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 09:11:49 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 01/02/2018 23:59, T i m wrote:
On 1 Feb 2018 21:55:57 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 14:30:05 +0000, T i m wrote:

I have used Powerline adaptors in many locations (typically TP-Link
brand)
and have had no issues with them whatsoever.

However, others might have had issues with the RF interference caused by
your solution!

It's not my solution Bob, it's a legal / valid / approved solution.
;-)

Its not actually legal as if it does cause interference with licensed
frequencies you can be done.

I know, I posted the Ofcom link about 'bad units'. An approved unit
isn't itself illegal, however it could 'be' illegal if it isn't
conforming to the specification.

At the least they will take the offending equipment away and destroy it
at your expense.

No they won't. They will ask you to cease using it and only if you
don't, might they take it further.

The only time they might confiscate any such equipment is if it's
illegal to be used in the country in question (frequency allocation /
power etc), is being used illegally (legal CB with illegal amp or
pirate radio station) or you don't refrain from using it when asked.

And I'm not even talking about what they can do, I'm talking about
what they are likely to do.

Cheers, T i m