tim

Default Building Notices

"James" wrote in message ...

"Hugo Nebula" wrote in message

BC don't generally inspect HW tanks unless as part of other work.

Hugo,

I am puzzled by this statement. I thought that as a DIYer if I replace a
hot water cylinder, I am required to submit a building notice, to ensure it
is certified to meet Part L of the building regulations. Your comment
suggests such a stand alone replacement (where say the original has started
to leak) will not be inspected by building control.

my BCO more or less said this to me. He was of the opinion that the
requirement for 'control' of replacement vented tanks was a big PITA.

tim

James

---