Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Electronics help

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 03:08:49 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 18:32:08 +0000
ss wrote:

Charger for a mobility scooter. One charger not working, I opened it
up and as per image below it looks like some kind of fuse has blown.
Text on the board looks like 3A/2500AR.

Can anyone confirm and identify what I would need to replace.
I have limitations on electronic stuff but could probably manage to
solder this part if I can find a replacement.

https://imgur.com/a/QTZ0e

As a temporary test you could just clean up the toasted bit of wire and
wrap some fuse wire between the two, with a dab of solder if you want.
If that vapourises there's probably no point sourcing and fitting the
proper fuse.

Someone suggested earlier that a 100W lamp could be wired across the
open ends.

That seemed a far more practical solution.

Not quite as practical as a minute or so with a DMM, but a reasonably
sound approach to the problem.

Faffing about with bits of burnt wire isn't the best approach. When
the cobble up fails to produce results its not going to be certain
that the connections to the burnt bits were reasonably Ohm free.

Even in a valid circuit a high resistance connection can produce
emsisions in the visible parts of the electromagnetic spectrum!!

AB