Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Electronics help

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 20:22:21 +0000, ss wrote:

snip

Ok here some images of the caps, back of board and front of board. The
cap wont pull out but then it may have welded when it exploded.

https://imgur.com/vCG2M8O

https://imgur.com/KhigJP1

https://imgur.com/71nQ3Pa

Do you have access to a DMM? If it has a diode test range on it it
might be interesting (and as I believe has been mentioned elsewhere)
to measure the 4 diodes to see if one (or more) are short circuit?

I recently repaired a multi-port battery charger that had two dead
diodes around the same area and similar on a PSU board for a big LCD
TV.

You might need to lift one end of any diode that appears to be short
circuit in case it's other components showing up as a short.

Cheers, T i m