Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New tougher MOTs.

On Thursday, 1 February 2018 14:33:42 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andrew wrote:
One of the presenters of the Last Leg, with funny hands and
an artificial leg, has a blue badge which coincidentally
allows free parking.

But he manages to jet all around the world to the paralympics
and make it to the C4 studios every week, and is obviously not
short of money.

Meaning a disabled parking permit should only be available to the poor?

I thought they were availble to those that are disabled, or at least that's who they should be aimed at.

That would cure the problem since they probably couldn't afford a car.

Or you could insist they hand in their application forms at an office on a mountain top somewhere.

So he has a disability, but is he 'disabled' ?.

Would you be willing to trade a leg for a disabled parking permit?

Bit of an unfair question, would anyone with one false leg settle for a closer parking space if they gave up their remaining working leg ?

I'm not sure how disabled badges indicate how disabled a person is, but I would assume that someone with no arms and no legs would get a higher disability rating than someone with just one disabled leg, and the fact that they can win an olypmic running meddle shou,d mean that their disabled spot could be located in the same area as anyone else that has never won an omlypic medal for running.