Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Toilet seat not staying up?

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 01/02/18 08:33, Graeme wrote:
Probably not.* We moved here 15 years ago and still have one seat
that will not stay up.* I've given up fannying about with hinges
etc., and either avoid that toilet or, if necessary, stand sideways
and hold it up (the seat!) with my knee.

I had one like that uears ago. aftermarket bog seat and pan too far back.

IIRC one day the cistern had an issue and fitting a chleap plastic one
of smaller depth cured all the problems.

One of the long term plans :-) This WC happens to be in the bathroom as
the famous cracked bath. We solved the bath problem by using a
different bathroom, which also solved the WC lid problem, but, when we
did use it, I solved the problem as above or, during the night, always
sat rather than stood which meant I didn't need to turn a light on, and
could 'let go' without worrying about seeing to aim.
--
Graeme