Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet seat not staying up?

On 01/02/18 08:33, Graeme wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 31/01/18 19:27, wrote:
Â*Solutions for toilet seat won't stay up

Don't you think that Gareth might have solved his problem in the last
8 1/2 years?

Probably not.Â* We moved here 15 years ago and still have one seat that
will not stay up.Â* I've given up fannying about with hinges etc., and
either avoid that toilet or, if necessary, stand sideways and hold it up
(the seat!) with my knee.

I had one like that uears ago. aftermarket bog seat and pan too far back.

IIRC one day the cistern had an issue and fitting a chleap plastic one
of smaller depth cured all the problems.

its shoes.