Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] english.with.gailgoldi@gmail.com is offline

Default Toilet seat not staying up?

On Wednesday, 17 September 2008 19:37:44 UTC+1, Gareth wrote:
I can't find any solution to this problem - the toilet cistern seems to be a
bit too far forward for the seat to stay up.

I've tried altering the position of the fixings (and even lost a double hole
washer down the toilet in the process - and can't find anywhere to buy a
replacement!)

Has anyone else had the same problem and managed to solve it without raising
the cistern?

Solutions for toilet seat won't stay up

1. Attach a flat magnet to the underside of the seat.
2. Attach a ferromagnetic metal to a short string attached to a hook attached to the side of the cistern. I used a tablecloth weight as sold by Lidl/Aldi. lift the seat and attach the metal to the magnet.
or attach a cord around the cistern or to a hook on the side of the cistern and adjust it with one of those spring tighteners you find on waterproof jackets and hold the seat up with a loop of cord thus: sorry pictures don't appear here.
5.