Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Swamp cooler fan speed control

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 10:24:36 -0800 (PST), "Dave, I can't do that"
wrote:

Hi All,

Subject says it all. We have a 110vac, 1/3hp, 2-speed motor on the swamp.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/2-Speed-...2204/100013540

I would like to have variable speed. Are there any kinds of controllers that will do this without changing motors?

No

The Low speed is not low enough so I a looking to just use the High speed wire to the motor and spread control over the entire rpm range.

I am looking for a low cost thing. Kinda like a ceiling fan control that handles a 1/2hp motor. I say "1/2hp" for a little wiggle room if I have to change motors at some time in the future.

Possible?

Thanks

---