Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Install electric hob above washing machine?

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 30/01/2018 19:30, GB wrote:
On 30/01/2018 18:43, Robin wrote:
On 30/01/2018 18:05, GB wrote:
The only way I can get the kitchen layout to work is to install the
electric hob above the washing machine. I can see it's not ideal, but
is it allowed? Any extra precautions I could take, eg install some
sort of vapour barrier?

I'd be surprised if there'd be enough clearance with all hobs and all
w/ms to leave the manufacturer's minimum clearance. So might
constrain your choice of replacements.

I didn't even know the manufacturers specified a minimum clearance!

They have installation manuals!

looking for something else last week, I came across an installation manual
with large letters on the front "DO NOT LEAVE WITH CUSTOMER"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England