Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Electrical question about lathe

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 1:39:20 PM UTC-6, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Bill writes:

In case anyone is curious, the final bid (not by me) was $950 + 22%. I
only mention this as a reference point for others. I think that's
beyond what some other have paid in similar auctions, even taking into
consideration that a (probably $150) set of 8 "unbranded" gouges was
included. Evidently, machinery made in 1931 holds up!

That tool set was a standard delta turning set from the 90's in the
original wood box. Not bad tools (I have a set) but not expensive by any means.

The tools in the auction looked like they'd never been used.

Harbor Freight sells the same tool set. Either soft steel or High Speed Steel. $19 or $65. I doubt the eventual buyer gave a second's thought to the tool set. The (probably $150) is outrageous.

https://www.harborfreight.com/wood-l...-pc-62674.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/profes...-pc-69723.html