Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Electrical question about lathe

Bill writes:
Bill wrote:

Thank you (all) for your replies to my post/question!
I noticed that the current bid has gone up to $350 +22% (buyer's
premium and sales tax), but the price increments are now $25. There
are still 9 days until the auction closes, and I will watch and see
what happens.

In case anyone is curious, the final bid (not by me) was $950 + 22%. I
only mention this as a reference point for others. I think that's
beyond what some other have paid in similar auctions, even taking into
consideration that a (probably $150) set of 8 "unbranded" gouges was
included. Evidently, machinery made in 1931 holds up!

That tool set was a standard delta turning set from the 90's in the
original wood box. Not bad tools (I have a set) but not expensive by any means.

The tools in the auction looked like they'd never been used.