Gripper

Default Running power shower pump off normal HW cistern?

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Steve Firth wrote:

Gripper wrote:

We did the exact same thing- but the header tank emptied too quickly,

as
other posters have suggested. The water pressure is good, so I got a

second
ball valve and plumbed that in in parallel, so now two feeds to the

tank,
and it keeps up nicely.

How well does the hot water cylinder cope with the demand?

The pump is plumbed to two showers: the cylinder is a relatively small one
(it's marked 36x16): recipe for failure you may think, but in fact the
system copes well. Taking a bath is more likely to overextend the hot water
supply than showering.
I was pleased that the pump (Aqualisa) can cope with even both showers being
used simultaneously. As long as the cylinder is full of heated water, there
is no problem with the shower running cold, in normal use.
The system is ready for use again only after about 10 mins. We do however
have a well lagged cylinder, and the immersion and hot water gas heating is
on 24/7.

Neil