Toby

Default Suggestions please Central Heating system

"crazy_mad_bandit" wrote in message
om...
hi,

i am having a new central heating system put into my 3bed terrace.

I have been told that i will need a 28Kw combi boiler to heat the
house sufficiently.

does anyone have any suggestions on what model/make of boiler to use,
and whether i should bother with the extra expense of a condensing
boiler?

I have had some quotes for £1790 - £4000.

this is for 9 Rads, boiler and all piping (it is a complete system)

is this reasonable?

TIA
Bandit

Sounds like the right size for an old terrace. £1790 sounds dead cheap.
Condensing may get you a grant as you are having it done professionally. Try
'Warm Front' or 'Big Green Boiler Scheme' or this link -
http://www.saveenergy.co.uk/whatto/grants.cfm
although they are only available until the fund is used up.

Condensing only adds another ~£300 to the material costs. Worth doing if
you'll be there a while, also good to feel you are doing your bit.

--
Toby.

NTL. Bringing you yesterday's news today, and a bit of last week's. Maybe.