Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Attaching a fence/screen to the top of a wall with stone"battlements" on it!

On 30/01/2018 09:59, Murmansk wrote:
I think I'll probably end up going for trellis attached to posts fixed to the face of the wall, with some artificial climbing plants.

This will be lighter, will attach to the stronger part of the wall and will let the wind pass through

To look right, I think the trellis should probably start at ground
level. That's obviously a personal matter of taste, but I'd discuss it
with the property owner. (Or is that you?)

Not sure about artificial plants. If you use decent supports running the
full height of the wall and fixed to it all the way up, I don't see the
weight of Honeysuckle, say, as being a problem. Not ivy, though!

The trellis should possibly be detachable, so the wall can be painted
occasionally.