Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@loampitsfarm.co.uk is offline

Default Cheap Chinese generators

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 18:35:03 +0000, newshound
wrote:

I'd quite like to use a larger Bosch shredder up there soon and I doubt
if the current generator will do it. I see that you can get basic
nominal 3 kW

Not a full answer but my Honda powered british built 4kVA genset will
only start my 2kW compressor when it is completely unloaded and the
reservoir devoid of air, even then it struggles for a while but once
running it's fine.

At work we used 2.8kVA chinese gensets for site lights and these coped
with our inverter stick welder up to the 90 amps that I used but would
only run 4 500W halogen lights. Nowadays discharge lights and LED
battery powered lights are used.

I'd still prefer a 5hp petrol shredder if there is one (most of our
chippers were 30-50hp diesel)

AJH