Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Cheap Chinese generators

On 29/01/2018 18:39, Andy Burns wrote:
newshound wrote:

I'd quite like to use a larger Bosch shredder up there soon and I doubt
if the current generator will do it.

Last time I hired a large shredder, it ate 13A fuses like they were
going out of fashion, not very genny friendly devices I expect ...

My shredder (on checking) is 2 kW. Not had any problem with 13A fuses.
Obviously, they are a slightly nasty inductive load.

I had a "cheap" 900 W before the inverter generator, it would run 450
watt induction motors OK although they take a second or so to come up to
speed (almost instant on mains).

But you make a good point; I'll be interested to see what others say.