Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Lee Valley StopLoss Bags

On 11/2/2016 10:00 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Anyone use these bags for storage of finish material?
I have two, one for their polymerized tung oil finish, and one for
polymerized tung oil sealer.Â* Have used them for a few months and they
work well to keep the oil out of contact with air.
This morning noticed that the cap on the sealer had separated top from
sides.Â* I emailed Lee Valley, asking for a replacement cap.Â* Their reply
was that they would check on availability and price for a cap and let me
know.

Perhaps the plastic in the cap is not as resistant to finish as the bag
itself.Â* I'll use a cork before buying a replacement cap.

My solution to finish hardening on top in the can is to turn the can
upside down with a little Bloxygen on top before putting on the lid.
If the contents hardens it is on the bottom.