Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bitcoin Mining

On 28/01/18 10:29, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 28/01/18 10:06, Andrew wrote:
On 27/01/2018 20:27, Max Demian wrote:
On 27/01/2018 17:46, Vortex12 wrote:
Next I discovered a free application called "Nicehash Miner", and
proffed a couple of decent graphics cards from the office.Â* Now I'm
making £5.00 to £8.00 per day in exchange for 500 watts of
electricity (about £1.50 per day).

Are you sure they're real bitcoins? Have you tried buying anything
with them?

Where are they 'coming from', if you aren't actually paying for them ?.

Fossil fuels, Uranium, future power station building costs

Only really free if ye are powered directly from free renewables.

And which renewables are more 'free' than free coal oil gas or uranium ore?

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler