Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Has Anybody Tried This Router DC From Oneida Air Systems?

On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 9:25:54 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/27/18 8:07 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Has anybody tried this vacuum attachment for routers?

https://www.oneida-air.com/inventory...m_no=AXH000001

The manual appears to be well written, which is always a plus.

https://www.oneida-air.com/pdf/route...-8x11-2017.pdf

I can't understand the manual that came with my broom.

What are you waiting for? Buy it!

Well, I was kind of hoping that the vacuum chute came with one of these...

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/...-eq-f-plus-usa

It looks great. The only thing I can think of that would improve it
would be some sort of spring that held the shroud in the forward
position where most bit through their chips.

Other than that, it looks like it got 95%+ of the sawdust.
Considering a decent acrylic router base is easily 20 bucks, the price
seems great, too.

The term "universal" always makes me take pause. I know it just relates to the
various hole patterns in the base, but you know how most "does it all" gadgets
typically don't do any one thing very well.

I've got a bunch of face frames and shelf edging to cleanup. I might give it a try.
Just checking to see if anyone already has.