Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Mad Roger Mad Roger is offline

Default What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 00:16:13 +1100,
Xeno wrote:

Frankly, if Roger needs to find out how to do the job from advice here,
he'd be well advised to hand the task over to someone with a clue. This
is basic stuff, hardly high tech, and he's *struggling*.

Here's a screenshot of the manual process.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2707505pedal1.png

And the spec.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4030196pedal2.png

The measurement is about 160 mm in the resting position.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6041860bolt3.jpg

Pushing gently with my finger, I can measure the lower position.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8845966bolt4.jpg

This #2 measurement seemed to be about 5mm but my only confusion left is
that these two things seem to be the same thing:
A. Pedal freeplay
B. Pushrod play

The reason they seem to be the same thing is that, with one finger on the
pedal, you can push the pedal down about 5mm until you hear and feel the
pushrod hit the master cylinder piston cup.

I can't yet distinguish between the two (freeplay & pushrod play) with my
finger or measurement at the top of the rubber part of the pedal position.