Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Look165 Look165 is offline

Default What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

Normally, there should be about 1/2 inch between the resting position of
the pedal annd its thrust position (completey up. This is for preventing
continuous fricton inside the clutch.

Mad Roger a écritÂ*:
Need help figuring out what to MEASURE when adjusting a self-adjusting
clutch pedal bolt.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3835507bolt.jpg

I've adjusted the bolt all the way in, half way, and all the way out:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8057083bolt2.jpg

No matter whether I adjust the bolt all the way inside the clutch pedal
(turning it CCW facing the pedal like a foot would).

Or if I turn the adjusting bolt all the way out of the clutch pedal
(turning it CW).
Or halfway between...

I don't feel any "slop" anywhere (e.g., between the rounded tip and the
master cylinder piston cup). The *feel* of the clutch pedal engagement
changes drastically between all the way in and all the way out though.

But clutch pedal feel is not the question (mainly because I don't know how
it "should" feel). So the question is only about what to measure, and how.

The question is only about WHAT to measure with a ruler and how to measure
it.