Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Nichrome Wire Temperature for Cutting Sofa Cushion Foam?

On Friday, 26 January 2018 22:25:50 UTC, mike wrote:
On 1/26/2018 10:34 AM, wrote:
Hi,

I recently bought 18 gauge Nichrome wire for the purpose of cutting a
Sofa cushion foam in half (split the cushion foam, in effect make the
cushion half as thick). Length of wire I will heat is 3 feet (cushion is
almost 2 feet wide)

You really don't have options other than try it and crank up
the power until it works at the chosen, fixed, constant feed rate.

You're gonna have to juggle a lot of variables to make this work.

more nonsense.