Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default 2 Tools I Should've Bought Years Ago.

1. A WorkSharp 3000 was delivered to the house yesterday and I finally
got to set it up and use it. Dang, is this thing dummy-proof and
effective. They did a great job designing it and manufacturing it so
it's affordable. I now have chisels and hand planes I will actually use
instead of curse at. I have wetstones but I'm just not patient enough
to get them out and use them. Having this machine set-up, ready to go
will be my motivation to keep my chisels "scary sharp."
If you're interested in a great price with free shipping, check out
jbtoolsales.com.

While we're at it, someone send me a link explaining how to properly
set-up hand planes. I don't think I'm getting most out of mine.

2. A Ridgid cordless (hoseless?) 18g brad nailer.
I get soooooo many jobs where I just have to nail up a few pieces of
trim and it gets old, fast, carrying the compressor, hose, gun and
tripping over the hose up on a ladder to shoot a dozen finish nails.

I used this on a job, today, on 10ft. ceilings and didn't miss getting
tangled up in an air hose. The only negative is it's pretty heavy for a
nail gun. The DeWalt version is a bit lighter, but since I already have
a bunch of Ridgid batteries, I went with it.
It takes a few minutes to get used to, since you have to depress the
safety tip, wait about a second for the cylinder to charge with air,
then shoot. But you get a rhythm going.
Big plus! No butane gas cartridges, like the old Paslodes.

Anyway, two more tools that I wish I had bought years ago!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--