Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Mad Roger Mad Roger is offline

Default What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:13:56 -0800,
Oren wrote:

Why is it you think the clutch pedal "feel" is not an aspect of the
adjustment? The throw out bearing needs to release from the clutch
plate in the bell housing. You can't adjust it by a ruler. You need
a little slop in the pedal so the plate is not always engaged at the
risk of burning the plate.

...at least back in the day. Two cents.

It's not my vehicle, and the "feel" stinks no matter what position it's in.

What changes is that it engages early, or late, but not in a way that I
like either way.

So I can't adjust it by feel because there is no position that feels right
to me.

Therefore, I just want to adjust it by the book.

If only I knew what to measure as I think it's for a millimeter or two of
'slop' between the rounded end of the bolt and the master cylinder piston
cup.

But I don't feel that slop in any case.
And I don't know where to measure it either.

Hence the question.