Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] philipuk@gmail.com is offline

Default OT Analog UHF TV transmissions.

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 2:08:25 PM UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:
I have a couple of old portable LCD TVs from a relative's estate, but
they're UHF analog PAL UK etc so no use here. Is there anywhere in the
world where they'd still work?

Cheers
--
Clive

They might just be of use for retro-gamers if it has composite in.

There were many variants of PAL worldwide. System I as used in the UK was one on the rarer ones. The differences being in channel spacing and how the audio signal is broadcast. Your TV will probably support many of the others though.

It's not really worth trying to take it abroad. Analog TV is being consigned to its rightful place, the history books.

Philip