Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default How to authenticate a wet signature. Blue ink

On 25/01/2018 13:24, pamela wrote:
On 23:14 24 Jan 2018, ss wrote:

I have 3 `copies` of a document. 1 is original (ball point) and 2
are copies (laser printer) They all look similar, so does anyone
know of a way to differentiate the `wet signature` from the
copies. I have tried a UV light but doesnt show a difference.
Without causing any destruction as they are legal documents.

Next time use blue ink? Some people claim blue ink was invented to
allow a copy to show the difference between the original writing and
a signature.

There's also a myth that in the U.S. official documents had to be
signed in blue ink on account of this.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...n-did-people-s
tart-using-blue-rather-than-black-ink/

At school in the old days, we used dark blue ink all the time but
nowadays the kids nearly always use black. What happened there?

We used blue-black ink.
It was blue when you used it but turned black over time.

Quink washable blue ink. ball-points were forbidden. Circa 1968
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%