Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Washing question

On 25/01/2018 20:36, Steve Walker wrote:
On 24/01/2018 22:58, Max Demian wrote:
On 24/01/2018 21:59, Adam Funk wrote:

We had a hot-and-cold-fill machine until about 10 or 15 years ago.
Would it have filled with a mixture of hot and cold water even for the
60° or 90° programmes?

I think those always filled with hot water if available. I had one
which took ages - about 30 minutes as the hot water pressure was so
bad [1] - so I filled it on a cold setting and then reset it to the
hot to heat up with the immersion element.

[1] Actually the next one I had, which was also hot-and-cold, took
only 10 minutes to fill with hot, so maybe there was something else
wrong with it.

Was the restrictor for mains pressure hot water removed I wonder?

No, the hot water tank was fed from a cold water tank above it.

--
Max Demian