Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default How to authenticate a wet signature. Blue ink

On 25/01/2018 14:04, charles wrote:
In article ,
pamela wrote:
On 23:14 24 Jan 2018, ss wrote:

I have 3 `copies` of a document. 1 is original (ball point) and 2
are copies (laser printer) They all look similar, so does anyone
know of a way to differentiate the `wet signature` from the
copies. I have tried a UV light but doesnt show a difference.
Without causing any destruction as they are legal documents.

Next time use blue ink? Some people claim blue ink was invented to
allow a copy to show the difference between the original writing and
a signature.

There's also a myth that in the U.S. official documents had to be
signed in blue ink on account of this.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...n-did-people-s
tart-using-blue-rather-than-black-ink/

At school in the old days, we used dark blue ink all the time but
nowadays the kids nearly always use black. What happened there?

The early photocopiers copiers were unresponsive to blue. I kept a sheet of
orhange lighting gel beside our office one since it made the blue look
black.

The first office photocopier I used would, apparently, only copy carbon
- so black printing and typing was OK, but not ball point of any colour.
We had to write our reports with pencil. No idea the technology.

--
Max Demian