Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ideas For Appliance Installation Support

On 1/24/2018 11:33 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 9:43:06 AM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

See Leon's Stallion quip! :-p

I just want to remind you and Leon that this is the 21st century. We get pick these days! And you can't judge, either. I will turn you both into the PC police.

Haaaaaaash taaaaaaaaaag me 2

I got a kick from rewatching a scene on the news from the "SAG"?,
awards. A bunch of women actors yammering on about standing up against
men making advances and, what amounts to them not being uncomfortable
with their sexuality and not knowing how to handle life and it's
uncertainties.

The awards/trophies that they were accepting was a statue, a totally
nude statue of a man holding a mask in each hand and of course with the
package bulge between the legs. And they stood on a stage with a huge
picture of that statue behind them so that every one in the crowd could
see the nude man statue.

I'm all for women being treated equally and in a respectful manner and
there is certainly numerous cases that are legitimate but you can't be
promoting that stance while holding a statue of a nude man and thanking
an audience for receiving that nude man award.

I always enjoy your posts and this one was entertaining.

I don't know how Lowes gets away with their "free installation," other
than taking a big hit on the sale to keep the customers coming to their
stores.

I don't know either. HD has it from time to time, but I like the appliance lines better (and the pricing) at Lowe's, so I usually go there. Plus, Lowe's is more of a general public remodeling/repair store than HD, so they have more appliances on hand. The last to times I have been emailed a generic 20% off "Pro Advantage Coupon" it has worked with their current sale. So the last time I bought a kitchen full, I got 60% off with $65 haul off and delivery for a dishwasher, microwave, standard oven, and disposal. Free install on the dishwasher (plus parts) and oven (gas, so plus parts there, too).

I suspect that a deal was made for a specific price for a specific type
of install. Now, from a large retailers advantage they buy in large
volumes and almost certainly buy in quantities that require them to take
delivery in enormous lots, so large that they have their own standalone
ware houses and distributio0n centers. When I was in the automotive
business I could get very large discounts for volume buying of single
part numbers. For instance I could replace 3 AC compressors on a stock
order or take advantage of a yearly deal GM would make. The deal often
amounted to a 35~40% discount off of our normal cost when we bought in
lots of 10 or more of a particular part number, I typically bought 30~40
if each part number and that would last the season. That percentage
discount, if similar on appliances, could easily absorb the install cost.

This job is actually through Home Depot's Pro Referral, which was a web
site called Red Beacon (terrible name) that Home Depot bought when they
got sick of dealing with installers, directly.
Lowes bought a similar site called "Porch" that they now use for most of
their installation services. I'm on that site, too, but rarely respond
since they charge too much for for referrals for my taste. Pro Referral
is free so long as you're buying stuff from HD.