Nick

Default Combi (Heat and HW) boiler available in the US?

Thanks Jim,

What I really need is a small unit for an over the garage apartment to
provide heat and enough water for a quick shower and to do the dishes.
If you could spare a few minutes to check if the unit below might work
I'd be very greatful.
The other thing I need to decide is under floor heating or baseboard
heaters? Right now the underside of the floor is open so it would be
easy to staple up the plastic pipe but I'm a little concerned as to
how well this system would work.

Thanks again for any advice

Nick..

http://www.burnham.com/residential/51130.cfm

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:14:29 -0500, Speedy Jim wrote:

Nick wrote:

Hi,

Would anyone happen to know of a combi boiler available in the US?

Thanks

Nick..

http://www.sippin.com/BurnhamBoilers.htm
just one example; there are many.
Available as either oil or gas-fired.
Or even wood as the fuel.

An "indirect" system uses a coil in the boiler
to transfer heat to a remote "tank" for domestic
hot water.
A "tankless" system uses the coil to directly produce
the hot water (no storage).

Can be built either as a steam heating system or
as "Hydronic" (circulating hot water thru rads or
fin-tube convectors or even radiant).

Jim