Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default How to authenticate a wet signature.

On 24/01/18 23:14, ss wrote:
I have 3 `copies` of a document.
1 is original (ball point) and 2 are copies (laser printer)
They all look similar, so does anyone know of a way to differentiate
the `wet signature` from the copies.
I have tried a UV light but doesnt show a difference.
Without causing any destruction as they are legal documents.

teh original will be indented

+1, If it really was a ball point

try taking a 'brass rubbing'

Not sure about that. What TNP might mean is to use a soft pencil
sharpened to provide a contact on the "cone" rather than the tip, if you
see what I mean, and rub this cone *very gently indeed* over the back
side of the signature location (in the way that an artist would shade in
an area).

Personally, I would start by looking at the back side illuminated from a
shallow angle. You might also dribble some laser printer toner on the
back, well away from the signature, then tilt the page to allow some to
flow down across the signature location. I think this is the technique
used to reveal writing on a notepad when the top sheet is missing.