Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Craftsman 12 inch Radial Arm Saw

On 1/24/2018 12:27 AM, wrote:
Hey guys I have a Craftsman 12 inch radial arm saw "vintage" great condition I'm selling it.. who wants it.. make me a good offer... You guys know what there worth so please no low balling.. lol. Or what's a good price to SL for it. I'm a girl so I know nothing of these things.. can anyone help me out
Thanks a Bunch.... amber

As others have pointed out most Craftsman RAS are worth way less than
the $100 offer from Emerson for the motor under that recall.

I have a vintage 10" covered by the recall and although it is a good,
accurate and solid saw with which I've tackled many projects over the
years. It's time has come as I have a nice 10" cabinet saw and 12" SCMS
in my shop and need the room.

I would like to keep the saw but I haven't the room for it. I've
considered selling it and watched prices on used RAS's for probably 5
years or better. The only thing that makes sense (practical or
economic) sense to me is to ship off the motor and collect $100. I
figure that by doing the bit of work to remove it and taking the $100
offered, I will be about $150 ahead of the game vs. screwing around
trying to sell it and loading it up into somebody's truck or car.

Not to mention the fact that I can probably get some $$ by dropping the
rest of the saw off at the local metal scrapper.