Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Lights for Doll's House

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:33:29 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 24/01/18 01:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 00:06:25 +0000, amateur wrote:

My granddaughter has a new wooden doll's house.

I want to fit some internal lights - battery driven.

Any suggestions - even websites?

Plenty of Dolls House sites out there, with proper scale fittings,
wiring accesories, etc.

Or would MES (E10) pea bulbs and batten holders
do?

http://cpc.farnell.com/sli-vch/mes-l...older-screw/dp
/SC00448?st=mes%20holder

Or high brightness white LEDs, but they tend to be rather directional
and I'm not sure how you'd mount them.

Fine wires and a dob of hotglue. That's if you want lighting rather than
authentic fittings. I'd try for an edge mount led or a 3mm package, in
very warm white and fiddle with the dropper resistor until it looks good.

You can get rolls of self adhesive copper tape that may be easier to
apply than fine wires and applying hot glue in a confined space. . It
stays flat and can be painted or covered my the wallpapers designed
for dolls houses.
Naturally this should only be used for low voltage supplies which the
OP has indicated he will be using.

I've also used the tape to get connect a door bell push withouth
drilling holes in a doorframe. Tape fitted through the small gap
between door jam and frame and once painted was not noticiable unless
you looked close.

G.Harman