Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Lights for Doll's House

My granddaughter has a new wooden doll's house.

I want to fit some internal lights - battery driven.

Any suggestions - even websites?

Cheers

I lit one for my granddaughter last year, I regret not documenting it
with photos, but I'll describe it.

The house is one of those MDF ones that have become almost ubiquitous.

I elected to use a good quality 12v wall wart placed out of reach
This was plugged into this cheap controller (the mini 24 key variant)
mounted on the side of the house. You can switch the floors
independently, dim them, and do silly flashing effects.

https://tinyurl.com/ybt49cx6

This gives you three channels for LED lights, ostensibly red green and
blue, but I used all white LEDs and the channels are wired to the
downstairs, upstairs and attic respectively. I used series resistors
100ohm?

I used thin twisted pairs salvaged from an unwanted CAT5 cable. Hiding
the wiring between floors by removing the backplane of the house and
tacking the wiring up the edges of the walls. I didn't attempt to
conceal the runs from the back to the centre of the ceilings, you may
have carpets etc.
The lampshades were fun. I used some round coloured shades from a
string of Chinese mini lanterns for the living rooms, for the attic
rooms I used the clear plastic caps from "Fruit Shoot" drink bottles,
sort of round bulk-head style.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%