Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Washing question

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:32:01 -0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
TimW writes:
On 23/01/18 10:48,
wrote:
I have pillowcases with unknown stains on, they look like maybe oil, with just slight darkening, but standard washing doesn't touch them. There's no way to find out what's on them. Any ideas as to how to proceed? It'll be at least a day before I can rewash them.

NT

bio detergent, heat and time by whatever method you choose.

+1, and definitely not an eco washing powder.

If cotton, a 60C or 90C wash, otherwise hottest the label allows.

I thought biological detergents worked best at low temperatures?

I would tend to soak overnight in lukewarm biological detergent then
give it a hot wash the next day. I could be entirely wrong.