Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Moisture barriers and Wifi

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:16:32 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

I've not had that problem on powerline. Just on brodcomm crappy wifi
drivers.

Probably more like 'Broadcom drivers on Linux ...'.

I went though a phase of replacing any WiFi card that Linux didn't
like OOTB with one it did because it was such a PITA getting Linux to
worth with stuff. Linux seemed to like Intel cards so they were what I
often used (in laptops etc).

I bought 3 'identical' Netbooks at the same time and set them all to
dual boot Linux with XP. Two worked on Linux fine and one didn't. The
one that didn't happened to come with a different brand of WiFi card.
All 3 were happy under XP of course.

I had to risk the guarantee to change the one Linux wasn't happy with
but it was worth the risk, just to make the Netbook more 'Linux
compatible'.

Tail wagging the dog though ... ;-(

Cheers, T i m