Gary Coffman

Default Need advice with rural water well pump design

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:50:28 -0600, "Gene" wrote:
One of my greatest worries is to somehow run the submergible out
of water and burn it up. Then we would have to pull the entire
200+ feet of pipe & pump.

I'd add a timer to the well pump so that it wouldn't run for 18 hours
straight. Set it up on a cycle so it runs for half an hour, rests for an
hour to let the well recover, then runs another half hour, etc, until
the float switch says the big tank is full. Run and rest times are
an arbitrary guess. You'll want to do some testing to find the best
intervals to get best results from your well.

Gary