Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Electrical question about lathe

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 10:25:30 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Nothing from High School has sentimental value to me. Not even 5 days
detention for smoking in the schoolyard.

Hmmm. I am pretty sure at my High School we had a smoking section on the grounds. Sidewalk area between the buildings. You would see 3-4-5 kids standing there smoking before or after school or at lunch. Don't think there was time between classes to light up. The kids smoking were not exactly the top of the class.

Only time I got suspended in High School was for senior skip day where we went to the beach/lake. Dang school called my Mom and she said no she did not give me permission to miss school. I guess you could get retro active permission for skip day if your parents said they authorized you to miss school. But they locked me in a room with other kids for the whole school day.. Not really suspended from school. It was boring and miserable to sit quietly in the same room all day long. Always seemed counter productive to punish kids that way. Take kids out of class and make it so they could not learn anything from the teachers that day? Wouldn't it be better to make the kids go to class and learn all day? Punish all the kids by closing school! What the heck.