Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Mending damaged bath

Murmansk wrote:
I've damaged my fibreglass bath by dropping a heavy glass shower screen onto it.

This photo shows the damage

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a07wjnz8hl...55.16.jpg?dl=0

I'm wondering how best to repair it - my first thought is car body filler?

There is an epoxy product called Milliput in Superfine White shade that
I have used in smaller bath repairs, and it looks okay. But you'd need
something underneath, like fibreglass, as already mentioned. I used a
two pence piece underneath, and made sure there was more epoxy on top to
give it some structural resistance to falling through.

It worked okay, but I could never stop worrying about it, so I ended up
replacing it. And now the replacement bath currently has a
Milliput-repaired small crack in it. Our son keeps dropping his toy
battleships in it. I'll replace it again when he's grown up a bit. I
think a metal bath would be the answer, but then he would always be
cracking the enamel.