Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Mending damaged bath

On 22/01/2018 15:09, Murmansk wrote:
I've damaged my fibreglass bath by dropping a heavy glass shower screen onto it.

This photo shows the damage

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a07wjnz8hl...55.16.jpg?dl=0

Oh, nasty...

I'm wondering how best to repair it - my first thought is car body filler?

If you can get to the back of it, then I would start with laying up some
fibreglass mat and resin so you have a backstop. If you can't get to the
back, then some wood splints inserted into the hole and stuck with some
grab adhesive.

After that, a primary fill with plastic padding or some other two part
filler. (you can get car body filler like wood fillers, that come in
white).

Then it rather depends on how cosmetically accurate it needs to be...
getting two "whites" to match is often difficult.

A gel coat repair kit may be your best bet:

https://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co....ir-kit-1-white

--
Cheers,

John.