Andy Hall

Default Shower head

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:28:23 +0000, PoP
wrote:

I guess there's an easy answer which I ought to know, but I thought
I'd ask the experts who hang around here

Our shower head needs cleaning fairly frequently - by pushing a pin
thru each of the little holes. This is obviously due to scale building
up as the water flows thru. For a short time after the head is cleaned
we get a wonderful shower (it's a pumped circuit), but it doesn't take
too many showers before it's off with the shower head to clean it up
again.

Is there a recognised way of keeping the shower head from furring up
like this?

PoP

It's called an ion exchange water softener........

They start at just over £300 for a basic timed one. A metered one,
which regenerates based on water used is around £450.

You have to buy sacks of salt, either granular or pebbles according to
the machine's requirement - there are places that will deliver if you
buy several 25kg bags. From my reckoning, the saving on detergents
and especially shampoo etc. more than covers the cost of the salt.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl