Posted to uk.d-i-y
Orvat Pehzoyl Orvat Pehzoyl is offline

Default OT Gender pay gap

T i m wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 20:28:28 +0000, lid (Orvat
Pehzoyl) wrote:

snip

The *issue* was exactly that in this instance with someone I've never
spoken to (using that alias anyway) thinks he has the complete freedom
to comment on my use of a word in a sarcastic / patronising way that
would likely earned him a punch in the mouth, had he done so under
such circumstances face to face. Note how upset he got when I dared to
suggest his input may not be wholly correct. Left brainers do give
themselves away so easily. ;-(

You seem a little upset, T i m ,

I do?

I do hope I haven't given offence.

Hey, this is Usenet, so it would take a lot more than you not knowing
how you should interact with strangers to upset or offend me.

If you had to say anything, a simple 'did you mean ...' would have
been sufficient, I didn't need to comments and patronising.

I'll admit I didn't use the best word but I defend the fact that it
was a valid word as such and that you had no issues understanding my
intended meaning by me using it ... especially considering this is a
d-i-y group, not an English class. ;-)

You made a mistake, you admit it and we are good. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

You misunderstand: I certainly don't admit to making a mistake
and how we stand in our interpersonal relationship is a matter
for future consideration.

Before you pick me upon the point: some may consider the phrase
"interpersonal relationship" to be tautological; I prefer to think
of it as providing clarity.

Regarding your assertion that this is a DIY group: I seem to
have been misled; to judge by most of the content in here it's
a place for off-topic posting, political tub-thumping, preening
and display of sundry prejudices.

--
Red lollipop.