Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Gap between sill and PVC window

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 21/01/18 11:55, jim wrote:
The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message: On
20/01/18 17:48, Mark wrote: "David" wrote
in message
... Hi
On a couple of our windows, a small (1 mm+) gap has appeared

between the window and the interior plastic sill. It only runs for
250mm or so. Anybody got an idea of w suitable filler for this?
I'd like to avoid silicone if poss. It there suitable white plastic
filler that dries hard? Ta David screwfix Everbuild
Window & Door Frame Sealant 300ml White code 26507 Weatherproof,
durable and flexible acrylic sealant. Suitable for filling joints
around aluminium, PVCu and wooden windows. Suits internal and external
projects. Can be over painted with most emulsion and oil based paints.
Virtually odour free and not corrosive on metal. Fully weatherproof
when cured, this time is extended in cold conditions. AKA
'decorators caulk'..

N/A to the OP but not sure I'd rely on "decorators caulk" on
exterior jobs.

Ive used it with considerable success actually

Me too. I've got a window the sill of which consists almost entirely of
car body filler and decorator's caulk which has survived two winters.
The paint on the caulk part is doing better than the paint on the
filler.

--

Roger Hayter